Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thanks for Nothing Anthony

I just commented on today's post by  "A Few Clowns Short".  It kinda put me in the mood to throw in my own two cents about Anthony Weiner, Democratic reprobate & loser. 

We have a Republican field for 2012 expanding exponentially.  We have Paul Ryan's tax bill proposing significant cuts to Medicare.  We have Sarah Palin riding around on a bus acting like a PT to every reporter who asks if she's "a candidate for President."  We have Michelle Bachmann hiring the vicious Right Wing former political advisor to Ronald Reagan, Ed Rollins, as her political advisor in a bid for the Republican nomination.  We have the banks and retailers going at it over debit card charges:  should they have a ceiling or can the banks continue to rake in $95 billion or more dollars in revenue from swipe cards at the retail level?   We have General Petraeus and Secy of Defense Robert Gates retiring but insisting we maintain a strong presence in the Middle East.  Qaddafi refuses to step down.  Our soldiers are still "over there".  Oh yes, and our economy sucks.

What are we talking about?  Anthony Weiner's weiner.  It's front & center and diverting attention from everything that really matters.

He's a jerk.  He should resign.  His wife is to be pitied.  Let's move on. 


Share/Bookmark  

5 comments:

Bill Lisleman said...

Thanks for the shout-out. This focusing on the wrong thing does seem to get worst. We could use some objectivity in media not spin doctors. Why we can't talk and discuss issues puzzles me.

I'll end with part of my reply to you over at A Few Clowns Short - I don't care for either political extreme but the sports game approach of the media encourages the extreme views.

mermaid gallery said...

well put...get down to business...people are suffering....and the jerk certainly should resign....

Megan said...

Crotches and circuses? Sigh.

Grandmother Mary said...

There's so much to be done, so many wrongs to be made right, so many necessary conversations to be had. Sigh.

injaynesworld said...

I agree. I'm pretty sure I've milked every drop of funny out of it that I can. Although, more photos were released today. He just needs to go far, far away so the Dems can get back on message.

I'm with you 100% on this.

Seriously. What a dick.

Christina

Christina
by Cole Scott