Saturday, October 4, 2008

O.J. Guilty!!!!

MSNBC article on O.J. conviction

All I can say is, it's about freakin' time. Thirteen years and one day after he was acquitted of the murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman, this man has finally been convicted of something. Justice has finally prevailed and with what irony.

You know how they say you remember exactly where you were during important events? I remember the verdict coming in for that murder trial. I had just pulled into work when they announced it on the radio. I sat in the car in disbelief, then went in to tell my husband and other tenants in the building, most of them women. We were outraged. I lived in Southern California then and am a native of Los Angeles. I tend to take things that happen there more seriously as it was and will always be my home. I doubt there were many women who didn't think he was guilty. Yes, it turned into an ugly race-driven trial which the OJ defense team cleverly initiated and used to their advantage. They were helped by the publicity-seeking incompetence of Marcia Clark, Christopher Darden& Gil Garcetti, then Los Angeles' DA; the Larry, Moe & Curly Joe of all prosecution teams. A bigger group of bumbleheads I've seldom seen. I don't think Law & Order could come up with a more drama-laden storyline.

As it stands, we all know he'll appeal and this will go on for months, maybe years. But I'm betting Mr. Goldman, his daughter and Denice Brown, Nicole's sister, are giving statements and sighs of relief as this long-awaited carriage of justice is laid to rest. Nobody can replace their family. The people I now feel sorry for are the Simpson children.

No comments:

Christina

Christina
by Cole Scott