Saturday, January 8, 2011

A Feeling of Contentment

Sand, Rocks, Sea, Sky
by Cole Scott


There is something peaceful, very still about this photograph.  My initial reaction is along the lines of, "the more things change, the more they stay the same."  It has an intensely Buddhist feel to it, a sense of Nirvana, complete peace devoid of distracting needs.  For me, the ocean is a metaphor for peace which is why it gives me such pleasure.  I can be at the ocean and think of nothing else but where I am at that moment without worry about what I should be doing or regret for something I've already done.  

Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

DJan said...

I so agree with the feeling you express about the ocean. The sound of the surf and walking along the vast expanse of endless seeming ocean is somehow very healing to me. And I love that picture.

Nancy said...

I feel exactly the same way. It was so interesting to watch the ocean have the exact same effect on my daughter over the Christmas holiday. She said she could feel the city roll off of her and her creativity take a leap.

Deborah said...

Yes, it is exactly that. The mountains have a similar effect on me, but nothing beats the reflective quality and aliveness of water.
I hope your talented hubby is finding a wide audience. This is a lovely, lovely photo.

Christina

Christina
by Cole Scott