Saturday, October 18, 2008

Standing in the Shadow of The Four Tops

Four Tops singer Levi Stubbs dies
Four Tops singer Levi Stubbs dies


The greats are falling. Last week it was Paul Newman. This week, Levi Stubbs. What a voice! What a group! What memories I have of their music intertwined in my high school and college years. I was lucky enough to see them perform in Anaheim at a theatre in the round. We sat right next to the stage and they travelled up and down the aisles singing to the audience. Levi was the most powerful singer in the group and his was the signature voice for most of their songs. I remember how handsome he was. It was a thrill. Those were the days when every song tied me to an event in my life. They all mattered.

I think I'm gonna go find my 33's and play 'em and remember.

No comments:

Christina

Christina
by Cole Scott